Campbell River To Do’s
Looking for more ideas?
Connect with the Campbell River Visitor Centre, they’re happy to help!
Let’s count just a few of the ways to pass active days and restorative weeks here on the breathtakingly scenic edge of the Island’s northern frontier:
- Snorkel with the salmon, then hook the catch of the day in the Campbell River.
- Paddle the Sayward Forest Canoe Route.
- Embark on a Discovery Islands whale-watching expedition in search of resident and transient orcas.
- Make gentle crossings in a kayak or challenge tidal surges before overnighting at Octopus Islands Provincial Marine Park.
- Head out with a charter guide to land trophy fish.
- Historic passenger participation on mail flight, see the coast in a float plane (find out more at the Campbell River Visitor Centre)
- Whitewater raft the Nimpkish River.
- Do a gut check before bombing down one of Mount Washington’s 30-plus ski runs.
- Tour Quadra Island’s back roads and art studios before taking in the views from Chinese Mountain.
- Learn about the region’s First Nations and pioneer history at first-rate museums.
- Climb high into Strathcona Provincial Park’s alpine meadows.
- Stroll for hours along Campbell River’s Rotary Seawalk, voted one of the Great Places in Canada.
- Meditate to the sounds of waves lapping at a lake or ocean shoreline.
- Reel in a big one and earn membership in the exclusive Tyee Club.
- Peddle a mountain bike deep into the Snowden Demonstration Forest.
- Pamper yourself with spa treatments, restaurant meals and quality time in a deckchair, by the campfire or in welcoming resort accommodations.